We are thankful to have made it out to EDC Orlando yet again! Insomniac did a fantastic job with the stages as usual. So many amazing sets by so many artists including Cosmic Gate, Chris Lake, Alison Wonderland, Deorro, Nora en Pure, Camelphat, Gorgon City, Fisher, Wax Motif, Jonas Blue, and so many more!
Amongst these artists, we are grateful to have been given the time to interview Steve Aoki, R3hab, i_o, Jauz, Damaged Goods, Yotto, Malone, OFFAIAH, CID, Nitti Gritti, MSTRKRFT, Black Caviar, Wenzday, Andrew Rayel, and Rated R!
Some of the best moments and things we learned in the interviews include:
- How Steve Aoki & Backstreet Boy met on a plane and ended up collaborating
- Revolution 935 exclusive – Steve Aoki spills something he can check off his bucket list, possibly dabbling into TV
- Malone got married last week!
- How R3hab decides who he wants to collaborate with, such as Zayn, and how he chooses the songs he wants to remix
- Local DJ Damaged Goods‘ reaction to his Art Basel event flyer with Rick Ross
- Jauz‘s thoughts on Miami during spring break
- i_o gave us a tour of his tattoos (posted on our IG @revolution935) and is releasing/announcing a ton of stuff on November 22
- How Black Caviar came up with their name and what name they were considering instead of Black Caviar
- That MSTRKRFT (made up of Al P & Jesse) is a trip! But are the pioneers of, quoted by Jesse, “mixing rap and R&B into electro, but they got bored of that, are one of the five groups that made modern electro music, then got bored of that, then made bizarre, fully analog, hardware, modulator live record, and now make techno that makes them happy but might be too hard or involved for some techno people”